Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cherry Leaf Shawl Progress


Myrtle Shawl Progress
Originally uploaded by sunasak.
Today I will show a couple of the things I am working on. Here is the Cherry Leaf Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace Today. (For some reason, I used to think it was called "myrtyle leaf" so the photo title is off.) I am knitting it with SWTC Bamboo yarn in a whacky combo of pink, white, brown and gray. The colors look WAY nicer than this picture would indicate. When it's done I will be sure to photograph it in natural light. Or get a new camera. Also, it's really soft. I have 19 repeats complete and think I will do 23, then add the knitted on border. I am pretty sure this will end up a good size, though I do not know what it will block to--certainly lumps up a bit unblocked, so I have hope for expansion.

I am really enjoying working on this one--so I am doing it while working on other things to make it last longer. It's what I work on at lunch while I am at work. The pattern is not too easy and not too hard and the yarn feels good. I don't know if it will be warm or not, but it will be mostly for looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!