Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Update


Swallotwail Shawl Close Up
Originally uploaded by sunasak.
My friends and I have been talking a lot about dyeing our own yarns for fun or doing it for a living, so I thought I'd blog this photo of the only thing I have made out of yarn I dyed myself. This is the swallowtail shawl by Evelelyn Clark from Interweave Knits some time last year. Looking at it reminds me where I have seen that lily of the valley pattern I want to knit a whole shawl of before! The colors are coral, green and an interesting brown, and the yarn was undyed sock yarn someone had given me. Well, you'll never buy yarn in THOSE colors, fer sure. It's also a small shawl, more of a decorative item than something to keep you warm. I finished this in September 2006.

The good news from the weekend is that I used the info from the nice yarn store employees and turned the corner on the Cherry Leaf Shawl and went all the way up side #2 by the end of Sunday! A long car trip helped with that, very much (turns out the bad ole rural Texas roads make knitting the Rosebud Shawl and its teeny yarn a bit difficult). I got too tired last night to finish, so I am about a third of the way through with the first row of crochet edging along the long edge, with a picot row to do after that. I should be done this evening, then just have to find a place to block it!

I think I can, I think I can.

Also, I have seen my next lace project yarn, on the knitivity.com blog. MMMM. It will be dry tomorrow so I can order it this week! I want to make something very large, black and teal.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the visit! WOW, the birthday shawl is absolutely breath-taking! The color is fab. I haven't yet tried a shawl, it's on my list....like the new knitting blog. Good luck with your shawl, it's looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!