Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Suna's Dream Item

Just a quick note while I am waiting to be home where there's a copy of my sock pattern that I can post. Look, TWO blue socks appear on the blue background at left!

The new Knitty is out, and wonder of wonders, it has my dream project: an entire sweater made out of Trekking XXL sock yarn. Drool. Abotanicity is its name. And it sure looks comfy and modern. And in one piece. And top down. Did I mention that? Oh gosh, that would be a lot of fun to make, and in my favorite beautiful yarn. Yeah, soon as I finish the other to do items, that is! I'll report more on it later, after I have looked at all the patterns and stuff. Some of the links are not working (I guess the server's busy).


Yes, I did at last finish the Rainy Day Socks last night. Sock #2 remarkably resembles sock #1. And neither of them photographed well, which is apparent in the photo. I need some natural light, but it gets dark so early! I even started a new pair using Jody's yarn and yet another Wendy Johnson pattern, because I needed something to do while waiting to get yarn for the kids' requests from the Stitch-n-Bitch men's book. One wants a hat, the other the Lucha Libre kind of mask thing. Both black. Sigh. Such exciting taste. Of course, the yarn shop will not be open late tonight as usual, so who knows when I'll get to buy the yarn.

Next post WILL be a sock pattern.

PS: Thanks to Noallatin for the info on the sock needle holder. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!