Monday, January 28, 2008

Something to Show for My Time!


Inka Pullover Front
Originally uploaded by sunasak
I guess there are good aspects to so much time on my hands...I sure do move along in knitting. Here's the completed front to the Inka pullover, in an obviously unblocked state. The neck is really more of a V than it appears here--I didn't arrange it as well as I thought I had.

There have been surprisingly few issues with this pattern, even with the instructions being very compactly presented on one page and rather run together. The only problem I had was when working on the necks (both sides at once), I got interrupted halfway through to sing a song in church, then picked up and went the wrong way. It took a bit of thinking to get back on track and going in the right direction! The sweater is a wee bit wider than gauge, but not enough to complain about. It's only one or two cm. At the rate I am expanding, that's probably a good thing. Sigh. I should be jogging, not knitting, while waiting for the phone to ring.

I said I'd teach knitting at the elementary school again this year. Hope that works out better this time. Or am I a martyr? I think I will start them with pre-cast on knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!