Friday, May 2, 2008

What's Next and What's Now


Opal mit Bambus 1921
Originally uploaded by sunasak
I got to the cuff of the second Frog Explosion sock, which means time to set off Ye Olde Random Number Generator and see what's next for my sock knitting pleasure. And it's Opal mit Bambus, color 1921, purchased at Astrid's Dutch Obsessions back when I had some bucks to buy yarn (I bought a LOT in one batch). It's sort of a more subtle version of the Frog Explosion colors, actually.

Oddly enough, I had looked at this yarn just a day or two ago, thinking I'd like to work with it, since I do love bamboo yarn in the summer. Now I have to think of a pattern that is not too hard, yet interesting. I'd actually thought of doing the pattern that is in the Frog Explosion socks, only with no interruptions, just traveling YO K2 togs, but that might be too biased and want to go sideways on me. I gots me an idea that is similar, though, so you will have to wait until at least next week to see what it is!

I am sure you were just DYING to see the Frog Explosion, so here it is. If you click to see the photo, you'll see the patterning I am talking about. I've enjoyed doing these socks, and hope I own more than one thing that goes with brown, black and pea-green!!

I got to the split for the neck on my Vogue Knitting #29 top, so I'll have a photo of that in progress for you in the next day or so. I am enjoying it a lot. That's it for a quick Friday update!

2 comments:

  1. That is a neat stitch pattern in the sock! Can't wait to see what you've got cooking, as always ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Frog Explosion, both the color and that stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!