Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Overly Quick Update

Just so you will know I am still alive--here I am!

I started my new job with a bang and have been editing pretty much nonstop this week. When I stop, I have been knitting, but haven't felt like looking at a screen long enough to blog!

I've actually made some good progress on my Charybdis socks over the weekend, since I spent a lot of time at parent activities at the college my son plans to go to. I'm moving on up the leg of sock #2 and will probably finish at some point this week or weekend.

I am also moving up the sleeves on Bridget. They look really nice and I am confident I will have enough yarn to finish. Whew. The increases look very nice in the round. I am doing lifted increases which always look neat and subtle.

I did get the new Wendy Johnson book on toe up socks (yay) and am sure my next socks will be from there. Then I'll make something from the Cookie A. book perhaps. Yes, I am too lazy to go link to them. My eyes are just killing me from looking at small print on PowerPoint slides--I will enjoy my bigger screen when it arrives! I promise to link to Wendy's book next time so you can go buy it if you already haven't or can't locate it yourself. I would say it's my go-to book for teaching about socks from now on!

I hope someone's there. No one has commented on my blogs recently--perhaps you are all busy too!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your new job is good and real and all that good stuff. Yay for bigger screen, when it comes.

    What is the name of the toe-up sock book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see comments on the new toe up book. I keep trying to tell myself I have enough sock books, already, but this one is reportedly different enough to be needed.
    I can't wait to see Bridget finished!
    Patti T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got a new job! :) And I'm a bit jealous about the sock book. ;) I want to buy the new Cookie A. sock book, but it'll have to wait until I get a job... or a huge pile of money drops from the sky. Whichever comes first.

    And I've been really busy with portfolio and project - portfolio was handed in last Friday and I just heard that one of my classmates failed. I'm just hoping I'm not next! ;) But I'm still here, reading! :D

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!