Monday, May 4, 2009

Knitting Stuff!

Here's the sock I have been working on when not battling with my lovely new computer, with the 17" screen and high resolution display. The yarn is so pretty. It's Fleece Artist Blue face Leicester sock yarn. I am knitting it with the same needles that I used on the Charybdis socks, but these are much bigger! The yarn doesn't seem much thicker than the Araucania, but it sure is knitting wider! As you can see in the pictures, I am wearing my first sock over the Charybdis. But, it will be fine once I wear it, and I love, love the way this yarn feels.

Oh, the yarn is an interesting kind of soft! And it has a bit of hairiness that you can see in the full size photos. The colors are so soft and sweet. I do think they overly match my skin tone, but who looks at my legs, anyway?

I also like the pattern just fine. It is not too boring, not too hard, and I do so enjoy Wendy Johnson's toe up heels. I'm actually at the point where the heel is done and I am going up the leg, but don't have a photo of that yet. Sigh, I am just happy that I was able to get some sort of photo editing software on here, get the Internet working, and get a blog entry done!

It's been a fine knitting spell lately, though. I have enjoyed a new email list I am on and enjoyed hanging around with yarn shop friends a bit more than usual. Everyone is really being kind and sweet to each other. Pilar's husband threw her a surprise party and some of us went to that. And Jennifer had her baby today! So now all that stuff I knitted has actual babies to enjoy it! Life's good in knitting land!

Now we just have to get my nice new job to settle down and not be quite so intense, so I can get back to blogging and more important, reading blogs! I have gotten a bit behind, but don't worry, I'll catch up. Hi to all my new readers, by the way.

Next entry I'll show you how the first half of my vest came out.

5 comments:

  1. These socks look positively DELICIOUS!

    I'm so glad to see you blogging ... I have missed you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you trying on a sock over a sock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me giving you a hard time about double socks. I was signed in to my other gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These socks are stunners, too! You just keep churning them out, better and better!
    I just got the new book, and will be copycatting you, if that's okay. If not, I'll do it anyhow, and not tell you!
    Patti T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was making a fashion statement, SpinalCat!

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!