Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Look, a Vest!

When I am not knitting on that pretty sock of mine, I am chugging along on this vest. It's name is Mora, by the way. I call it Poetic Mora, since the yarn is Poems. Obviously creativity is in short supply with me right now.

I like how it is mostly fairly subtle colors--lots of shades of navy and dark green. The garter stitch ribbing combined with the v-shape is really pulling it in. I can now see why the lady in the Ravelry photo wearing hers looked so much like Barbie. I do hope I end up with something I can wear! If not, well, I will have a very nice present for a smaller person, I guess! I am enjoying the knitting, though I have to look at the instructions fairly often due to the shaping in it. Not sure WHY it has to hug me any tighter at the waist, but it thinks it does!

Hmm, my glasses case is in that photo. I think that's the last time I saw my special computer glasses, when I was using them to hold down the curling edge on that vest. I should look on that couch, huh!

I'm working on the second half now, but I have to admit I love the way the On Hold socks feel so much that they are all I really want to work on. That Fleece Artist Blue face Leicester stuff is just plain comfy. My feet want the socks on them! So I guess I had better get to knitting on them! After that, I need to finish the Flit 'n Float scarf so I will have it to give as a gift or maybe wear. I am already planning things to do with the yarn left over from that project!

Thanks for all the comments on the last post. It is really good to hear from you all. I am hoping things have settled down for a bit and I will have regular blogging time again. I just have to put my web design software on the computer and then I think I can do everything I need to do on my giant new one. Woo hoo!

I hope your spring is going well!

PS: I realized I said I'd tell you when the pattern to that lovely Dianna shawl I posted about a couple of weeks ago was ready, and I forgot to in the busy-ness of last week. Anyway, it can be obtained as a free Ravelry PDF, so go get it. I love how its instructions tell you it is not gonna teach you entrelac. The author says, "If you want to learn this technique, Google
is your friend." That's right, darn it! As for me, well, I LOVE entrelac!!! Guess what my next non-garment project will be!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a final skein! :) Looking forward to seeing the finished sweater.

    I like the colour changes in your vest, too. Will you look like Barbie too when it's done? :P The shaping looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, sometimes life is so fast and hectic... I like the vest. I wish I had much more time to knit and to create and to blog, but work and, this time, holidays came in the way. Blue face leicester is so good for feet. So soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!