Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dianna Grows

Well, I sat around all day today and most of yesterday waiting for some emergency work. Today's never arrived, so I got all but one square of tier 12 done on Dianna (I took the picture at this point because all the sqares are on one part of the needle and I can straighten it out.

It doesn't look very big in the picture, but the squares really stretch out, so I know it's going to be a lot bigger than it looks now. I am fairly happy with how the colors are coming along, and much happier with this second skein of Kureyon sock yarn. I am over halfway through and no knots so far. At this point, a knot would not be the end of the world anyway.

I am currently thinking of doing about 15 tiers of squares. I hope that will give me enough to do the half squares and perhaps a three-needle bind off, like Marcia at the yarn shop suggested. That might make an interesting and neat edge. A lot of people are making little points along the edges of each square, but I think I'd rather do some kind of edging.

This is just an extra close-up of the work in progress. It actually looks better on the reverse side, which is the back, in the unblocked state. You can see the green beads better in this one. Well, I think this will be pretty.

That's all the knitting I have done for the past few days, other than slowly working on Hopscotch socks when I am somewhere I can't do beads. I didn't get to spend as much time as usual at the yarn shop on Saturday, which is too bad, since all the fun kids were there. (Or at least a lot of them!)

Sigh, I don't have any wise words or interesting advice today. Just a bit irritated that I waited all day for work that still hasn't come in yet. I hope I am not expected to do it in my sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Check out the quant headband in knittys winter 2007 issue. Would make a good beginning entralac project for those who havent experienced the technique plus doesnt use much yarn. Saw it on yarn pirates blog. Both have good pictures. See you soon. Blocked the gossamer scarf & leaf silky wool scarf. Will do the shawl tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and I can't believe how fast it has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that headband would work--yep. And I fixed your name spelling in the main text, Marcia :-)

    Can't WAIT to see the scarves all blocked.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!