Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Vernal Equinox Progress

I thought you might like to see a glimpse of how the Vernal Equinox Surprise shawl is coming along. As of last night I was in the middle of Clue 3. I think it's very pretty, and am doing OK on it! On Monday I even managed to knit six rows in the middle of a knitting group. Amazing power of concentration, huh.
Vernal Equinox Surprise in Progress
I think the way the Jojoland Melody yarn slowly transitions from color to color is quite graceful. I had worried it wouldn't show up well in laceweight, but I think it does. Sorry about the garish red pillow background, but the tan part doesn't show up well against the new couch. The old denim one made such a nice background, but hurt my back!

Knitting a shawl is so comforting, so relaxing, so pleasant.  Such a nice contrast to the local, national and international news. No wonder so many people have taken up knitting the past few years! Glad I have my yarn stockpile.

6 comments:

  1. "Knitting a shawl is so comforting, so relaxing, so pleasant. Such a nice contrast to the local, national and international news. No wonder so many people have taken up knitting the past few years!" I'd never thought of that. I think it's quite true. (I'd say knitting in general, not just a shawl.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno... the Aeolian wasn't so relaxing if you ask me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gorgeous creations make me want to give knitting a try again. I crochet like crazy. It's my meditation practice, pretty much. But I just never had the patience to hang with knitting. Once an avid knitter told me that you usually favor whichever skill you learned first. Since I learned crochet first, maybe I'll never give knitting it's due. :( But I see so many knitting patterns that I'd love to try. Your work is simply beautiful, stunning, amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the way to Melody is working up for this too! I used it (different colorway) for a Multnomah and loved it. Can't wait to see this when you finish. It'll be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful shawl, Suna! Finally I have time to read all your blogs. Work is too busy and when home there is always cooking, some cleaning and a bit of knitting and... whooosh, the evening is gone. You might recognize that. I still love following your knitting works. Oh, and by the way, the little sock by which we got to know each other, will be a kal sock in the Dutch sockknitting list I moderate. Isn't that nice? I translated it with consent of Laura Patterson, the designer. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colour blending and the pattern...the two work together wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!