Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Have a Good Excuse!

My hope was to use this weekend's relaxing camping outing to get the last row of the mitered square blanket done and start on the extra row to make it wider. But, I did not get very far--I worked on four squares (hope to get a bit more done after I blog and play Words with Friends). But, as the post title says, I have a good excuse!

It got up to 106 degrees F this weekend. That is 41C. And we spent the hottest part of the day without air conditioning. That is not conducive to working on a 100% acrylic twin-size blanket. I ended up soaking myself with water from the "outdoor shower" feature on Ursula the RV then sitting in the gale-force winds that were blowing and letting myself cool by evaporation. And while trying not to faint, I did work on my new cotton socks.
Classic Elite Summer Sox  Socks Start
I think these will be great to wear with my Topsiders or running shoes. But I will be trying to finish that blanket before concentrating on these!

Wow, it was hot over the weekend, and I had some pretty terrible heat exhaustion symptoms. I turn all read and get faint, then I sweat in huge quantities. Luckily we figured out how to get the air conditioning to work again, but I actually felt too bad to knit. I didn't know that was possible! I got a lot doing today as we came home, though. I WILL finish that blanket.

Another Blog

My husband and I (mostly me so far) have started a blog to keep track of what we learn and where we go with Ursula the RV. You are welcome to check it out, if you are interested in where I am going and what I am doing on so many weekends this summer! Check out Lumbering along with Ursula!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!